Make a Submission
Before approaching any publisher with a proposal, be sure that you are sending it to the right company. Publishing houses have their own personalities and specialisms and much time can be saved - including yours - by not submitting to a totally unsuitable publisher.
Colourpoint publishes in the following areas:
- Local and general interest subjects from N Ireland or the Rep of Ireland (historical, social, political, biographies, topical interest etc)
- Transport subjects (mainly trains and buses but shipping and aviation considered)
Other parts of Colourpoint Creative Ltd publish educational textbooks and resources for the Northern Ireland curriculum (primarily CCEA), and April Sky Design provides services to those considering the self-publishing route regardless of subject matter.
Always enclose return postage. It is good practice to enclose return postage. If you would like your whole typescript returned, enclose enough postage for this. However, in the event of your submission not being accepted, it may be that you are happy for us to dispose of it. In that case, please make this clear in your covering letter and enclose an sae for a reply by letter only, unless you are happy to receive a reply by e-mail.
Be patient. A lot goes on in a publishing office and only some of the time can be allocated to assessing submissions. We will try to get back to you within two months. If you haven’t heard anything by then, drop us an e-mail (preferably) or query by phone.
E-mail queries. It is OK to send an initial short query by e-mail. Do not send attachments without prior arrangement as they will be deleted. For a fuller submission package, please use ordinary post.
Your submission should contain:
- a covering letter explaining your idea and saying why you are equipped to write on this topic; listing any other publications on this topic and why your idea is different; your own previous publications and writing experience (if any)
- your full contact details, including an e-mail address if possible
- about 20 sample pages of your proposed book plus a detailed outline of the rest
- returned postage, if necessary, as detailed above
Short queries by e-mail
For transport and general submissions contact: Malcolm Johnston - email@example.com Please put "Submission query" in the subject line.
Submissions by post
Address to the same person as above. For our address, click here.
Self Publishing Projects and Publishing Services
For self-publishing projects, please consult the web site for April Sky Design or phone 028 9182 7195. An April Sky representative will be happy to speak to you.